Cornerstones of Success
Dedication to Excellence
Successful, sustainable organizations are rooted in a foundation with a clear purpose and direction. Standards are high and the driving forces are focused. Simply Speaking Toastmasters embraces this philosophy, and gladly shares our recipe for a championship club.
Provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
We are an uplifting community that inspires the leader in each of us to become the best version of ourselves, one speech at a time.
Learn, and share what you learn. Personal development and growth take a community. Sometimes, it happens when we pursue knowledge or act. Other times, it occurs when we simply observe and listen to others. We seize all opportunities to gain and share new awareness.
Family. This is a community club welcoming, with open arms, people from all backgrounds and levels of experience. We nurture relationships during and outside of club.
Dedication to the whole. We are committed to providing service to ourselves, fellow members and the club, as a whole. Through support, encouragement, feedback, accountability and personal responsibility we thrive together.
Honesty and integrity. We do what we say we’ll do; say what we mean; and confront challenges with an open mind but without attachment.
Excellence. We provide a clear path to develop skills in speaking and leadership. By all members enthusiastically taking advantage of the opportunities presented, we exceed expectations and achieve high Toastmaster International distinction.
Your Commitment to Simply Speaking
- Prioritize your weekly schedule so that you can be present at most of our meetings.
- Prepare fully for each assignment you are scheduled to perform.
- Contact other members in advance of the meeting time, so your role is covered by another member if you are not able to fulfill your previously scheduled role.
- Apply yourself to learning and abiding by the communication and leadership objectives as outlined in Pathways.
- Adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs.
- Participate in club activities when your schedule allows.
- Evaluate others in a positive and supportive manner.
- Build open, friendly relationships with your fellow members of this club and always treat members and guests with respect and courtesy.
- Act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities.
- Seek opportunities to talk with your friends, relatives, and business associates about our club and invite them to visit.
- Serve others in the club by becoming an officer or mentor after Toastmasters has proven to be of benefit to you.
Club Mentor Commitment to YOU
- Meet with you and understand your personal and professional motivation.
- Help you plan your participation in a way that will achieve your goals.
- Encourage you to pursue speech objectives as set forth by Toastmasters International’s Pathways program.
- Help you understand and perform the various meeting roles.
Simply Speaking’s Commitment to YOU
- Support your journey and your goals through the Toastmasters program.
- Give you supportive and construction evaluation.
- Provide you with individual support as you have questions about roles, needs for replacements and individual guidance.
- Welcome you with open arms into the Simply Speaking Family!